UKYCC are taking action to help young people reduce their air pollution this Clean Air Day, 21st June.
And it’s easy for you to get involved too!
- Tweet your MP (you can find out who that is here)
“What are you doing to reduce #airpollution in our local area? It’s important my health and the health of our planet! #CleanAirDay @ukycc @cleanairdayuk”
“We can improve #airquality and look after our health and the health of our planet. Will you take action on #airpollution this #CleanAirDay ? @ukycc @cleanairdayuk”
- Make a Clean Air Day pledge.
Then tweet a photo of you and your pledge using#CleanAirDay @ukycc and @cleanairdayuk
Choose your pledge here or you can write your own
- Take a photo of you doing something to reduce your air pollution to inspire other young people to take action.
Then tweet it using #CleanAirDay @ukycc and @cleanairdayuk
What can I do to reduce my air pollution?
- Leave the car at home, and choose to walk or cycle instead 🚴♂️
- Choose click and collect when you shop online – that way vans are already making the trip and not polluting city centers
- Switch off your engine when you’re not moving
- If you need to drive make sure your car is well maintained
Why is air pollution so important?
- Air pollution can damage your lungs and impact your breathing
- Exposure to air pollution can cause asthma, or make symptoms worse
- Breathing air pollution can impact your heart and cause future heart problems
If you want more information about Clean Air Day visit the official website here: www.cleanairday.org.uk